Jeremy Davies wins the Performer award for his role as The Stranger in God of War.
As a surprise to no one, God of War – the soft reboot of the long-running action series – took home five awards during the British Academy Game Awards show Thursday.
Every year, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) recognizes the best games of the year. Here are the 2019 winners:
- Artistic Achievement – Return of the Obra Dinn
- Audio Achievement – God of War
- Best Game – God of War
- British Game – Forza Horizon 4
- Debut Game – Yoku’s Island Express
- Evolving Game – Fortnite
- Family – Nintendo Labo
- Game Beyond Entertainment – My Child Lebensborn
- Game Design – Return of the Obra Dinn
- Game Innovation – Nintendo Labo
- Mobile Game – Florence
- Multiplayer – A Way Out
- Music – God of War
- Narrative – God of War
- Original Property – Into the Breach
- Performer – Jeremy Davies
- EE Mobile Game of the Year (Voted For By The Public) – Old School Runescape
It’s not shocking that God of War took home a whopping five awards – we had great things to say about the game when it launched last year. Return Of The Obra Dinn earns its praise too with a unique art style and challenging detective gameplay. Here are the winners from last year’s BAFTA game awards.